Nicole speaks German with an Amish man!
In August I visited friends in Ohio and their area is also Amish country.
We visited Behalt, an Amish & Mennonite Heritage Center, and I got to speak German with an Amish man.
I got to speak German with an Amish man!!!
I also learned that:
- most people have no clue about the Amish and Mennonite people.
- most of what we (think we) know about the Amish and Mennonite is incorrect.
- the Amish speak no Dutch!
- they're also not from Pennsylvania.
- they don't all speak Pfälzisch. Really!
It did my heart and soul a lot of good to speak German with a native speaker again.
I hope you enjoy hearing about it.
<div style="width: 100%; height: 200px; margin-bottom: 20px; border-radius: 10px; overflow:hidden;"><iframe style="width: 100%; height: 170px;" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" seamless src="https://player.captivate.fm/episode/7c4a5e9c-7fd6-499e-b030-f0fe3c8bb8e1"></iframe></div>
Visit Behalt: https://behalt.com/
behalten: to keep, to preserve, to maintain